Preparation Before You Tan:
Skin naturally replaces itself every four weeks, which means twenty-five percent of skin is exfoliated away every seven days. Sunless tanning affects only the top 25 percent of skin, so once these cells slough away, they take your gorgeous sunless tan with them. You’ll want to remove as many dead skin cells as you can prior to receiving your airbrush treatment, preferably with an oil-free, non-abrasive sugar scrub.
- Before sunless tanning, your skin should be clean and dry, free of any oil or soap residue that could interfere with your tan. Avoid bar soap, and body washes containing moisturizing beads.
- Apply minimal deodorant (do not use Secret, Degree or Mitchum deodorants until after the initial shower) or perfumes to skin prior to tanning, and shave or wax the day before.
- Remove any jewelry when being sprayed.
- Select a dark bathing suit or underwear to wear while being sprayed, though our female clients may opt for no tan lines. Also remember to bring dark-colored, loose-fitting clothing and flip-flops to wear home.
- Airbrush tanning enriches the colors in tattoos! Gently wipe off tattoos after tanning to make them even more vibrant.
- After your tan, do not apply deodorant or moisturizing agents for at least four hours. Although the likelihood for an allergic reaction is very small, a patch test is recommended for persons who have a known sensitivity to sunless products or their ingredients (including fragrances, sugarcane, and beets).
- After your sunless treatment, wait at least five hours before bathing or exercise.